Fort Worth, Texas ranked on the Wallet Hub annual list of most pet-friendly cities in the U.S. In fact, it is number 33 in the nation among recommended cities for dog and cat owners. This is great news for people with household pets in the DFW metroplex. But taking advantage of these benefits can mean a lot of wear and tear on your carpet. How can you prevent pet stains and pet hair from dominating your floors? Also, what carpet cleaning tips help make being a pet owner easier on your carpeting?
Stay Ahead of Pet Fuzz through Daily Grooming and Carpet Cleaning Habits
Just like you brush your teeth and fix your hair every day, you should also spend a few minutes grooming your pet on a daily basis. By doing so, you can reduce the amount of pet hair on your carpeting, clothing and furnishings. Use a cat or dog brush to maintain your pet’s coat. Also invest in a lint roller to pick up hair from your upholstered chairs and sofa. After a good brushing for Fido or Socks, vacuum your carpeting to pick up the past day’s shedding.
Use Proven Carpet Cleaning Products on Pet Stains
If your dog or cat has an accident on your carpeting, you should quickly follow some proven carpet cleaning tips to prevent a stain and stop pet odors from setting in. Otherwise, your loving animal will pick up on the scent and repeat his or her crime again and again.
Frequently soiled carpets become less than inviting, carrying a difficult pet odor to mask. Then, few of the best carpet cleaning tips can save your floors. The best products to use on pet-soiled carpets are bacteria and enzyme digesters. Follow the product’s instructions before using.
Use the Right Steps in Carpet Cleaning
When following carpet cleaning tips and using specialized products on pet messes, it is critical that you use the right steps. These steps typically include:
- Remove solid waste and blot up the fluid with paper towels, coffee filters or a white cloth towel. Keep doing this until the towels no longer pick up liquid.
- Read the instructions on your bacteria and enzyme cleaner product. Follow these carpet cleaning tips to apply the product to the stained area. By doing this properly, you can usually remove the residue and pet odor to preserve your carpet’s appearance.
- Firmly press plastic wrap onto the affected area. Maintain this pressure for the carpet cleaning solution to work its way into the fibers. Leave the solution and plastic on the spot for as long as directed.
- Neutralize pet odor by mixing one cup of vinegar with a gallon of warm water. Apply this to the spot on your carpeting and blot it dry.
- Repeat the bacteria and enzyme cleaning process and any of the necessary carpet cleaning tips as needed.
Schedule Professional Carpet Cleaning Service
Maintaining clean floors is difficult with a pet in your household. This is particularly true with young pets as you train them to use a litter box or go outside.
With pets in your home, schedule professional carpet cleaning for at least once each year. Many households in the Fort Worth area use this service two to four times per year. By following this big carpet cleaning tip, you can maintain the quality of your carpeting and keep your whole home smelling fresh and clean. Schedule your carpet cleaning online or call Brenda’s Cleaning in the Fort Worth area at 817-479-6590 for your carpet cleaning scheduling today.